Meet the Steve Jobs of the κερατσινι Industry

Meet the Steve Jobs of the κερατσινι Industry

Keratsini is a big suburban area of Piraeus as well as part of the Athens city complicated. The distance from the center of Athens has to do with 11 km. The area was previously a farmhouse, yet it was strongly urbanized, primarily after the 1950s. The main square of Evgenia is adorned by the statuary of the Asia Minor, which was put up in memory of the refugees from the Asia Minor Disaster settled in the location. Pavlos Fissa Method is the industrial area of the κερατσινι city with lots of shops.

History

The Ancient Times

Key Entryway: I am

The first settlement of https://en.search.wordpress.com/?src=organic&q=keratsini the Municipality was built on the hillside of Agios Georgios Hillside at a point positive to the possibility of raids and visibility at sea. The foundations beside the church of St. George and the various finds give evidence that the initial negotiation in the area was developed around 3000 BC. The name of the location was Thymedata and was bordering with the piratical negotiation of Heracles, both of which belonged to Old Athens. The negotiation was located on the current Avenue of Freedom, which attaches Piraeus, Keratsini and also Perama as well as the center of Athens. It is speculated that Theseus built his ships there, based upon Plutarch's recommendation to the Identical Life. The site was deserted momentarily when Xerxes settled there.

Newer Season

The history of the Community during the Roman and Oriental periods is unidentified. In the 17th century, on capital of Agios Georgios was developed the very first church in the name of Saint Nicholas. The monks of the monastery of Agios Spyridon called the area from Agios Dionysios (old boundaries) to capital of Agios Georgios Agriamen. However, this name did not prevail. The official name, both in Footrest and Greek files, was Keratsinion or Tseratsinion, with the latter being more common. The initial one dominated in the Modern Greek durations. The name Keratsinion is a complicated word from the Kerathia that grew there as well as from the name of the proprietor of the whole area from the Hill of Agios Georgios to the Manitica as well as from today's burial ground of Anastasios to Drapetsona, called Ginis or Gynis.

Modern Background

Throughout the Greek Transformation, Georgios Karaiskakis, that developed the fortifications in Tabouria, settled in Keratsini. In 1827 the city was ruined by Kioutachis Pasha and stayed deserted till 1830. In 1836 the residents started to resolve again and also in 1840 the location (now called New village of Tseratsini) belonged to the Municipality of Athens. In 1870 it became an autonomous community called Keratsini Village. The Piraeus, in honor of Karaiskakis, constructed a holy place alongside the church of Agios Nikolaos. In 1879 the website was refurbished as well as exchanged a monastery. In 1963, the temple was ruined and a boy was constructed in 2000. Each year, the "Karaiskakia" is organized by the Holy Church of St. George, wanting to honor the Revolutionary Hero, George Karaiskakis.

After the arrival of the refugees from Smyrna on 18 January 1934 the location was transformed right into a district called the Municipality of Tabouri. Later it was relabelled to the Community of Agios Georgios Keratsini, and from 1936 to 1947 the town was called the District of Amfialis on the initiative of the after that mayor, Konstantinos Filandrou. In 1947 today name was developed, the Town of Keratsini.

In Keratsini, on 13 October 1944, the Battle of Electric, a dispute between ELAS and armed employees and other residents on the one hand as well as the pulling away German conquerors on the various other. The triumph of the former protected against the devastation of the nuclear power plant, which the latter tried to blow up. The damage of the plant would make it difficult for the container to be amazed for a long time. There is an exhibition of the Historical Archive of PPC as well as a memorial to the dead fighters has actually been set up.

Today

Leoforos Dimokratis - Keratsini

The Municipality of Keratsini is connected with the municipality of Drapetsona in 2011 along with other districts in Greece.